Friday, August 23, 2013

Tarot Cards: Swords and Wands

I finally got a chance to work on some tarot cards this week! I got started on the Minor Arcana because I hit some roadblocks with the final few Major Arcana cards. I decided that I would hand draw all of the Minor Arcana because I simply do not have the time or resources to collage them all! This week I did cards one (ace) through ten in the swords and wands suits. They are kind of a hodgepodge of different card styles. Most of my inspiration was taken from the classic Waite deck and the Crowley-Thoth) deck.

Here is Ace through 10 in the sword suit:








And here are the wands:










And on a completely irrelevant note, I found this super cool Dooney & Bourke bag at the thrift store yesterday:

The seal thingy says it's "all-weather leather", but the outside is obviously fake leather (there is real suede inside). Why would they do that?? It seems silly. Anyways, I think it was a super good deal!

 Also, my friend Jessica got me some henna for my birthday, so we made some cool designs! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Jessica's henna, but I did this design later on:
Here is what the finished product looks like. I could only leave it on for about 3 hours, but I like how it looks!
Also, would my tiny audience (yes, that means YOU!) like to see more thrift haul stuff? Let me know below!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin! I love all your stuff, especially your DIY posts (and the photos taken by your fantastic friends). Please continue to do thrifting stuff - perhaps take us on a shopping trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Thanks so much for the suggestion! Lots more DIY coming soon!
    And I too love the photos taken by my fantastic friends.

    ReplyDelete